Friday, March 29, 2019

Sealants

There are a lot of different types of goop on a boat.  This isn't something a normal boat owner who isn't restoring a 30 year old vessel would care about in the way I do, but since I've spent a good chunk of the winter of 2009 learning about goop, I thought I'd record some of my notes and choices here to provide a starting point for others.  The number one thing I learned is that people's personal choices on goop are very personal.  When someone picks a goop they stand by it and often can't believe someone would pick a different one.  Of course, that goop is often what's keeping their boat afloat and thereby keeping their family alive.  That's a good enough reason to take it seriously!

Goop Categories:

  • Sealants / Adhesives
  • Paint
  • Lubricants
  • Cleaning

No comments:

Post a Comment