Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Christmas in May

The big box from Jamestown Distributors came today.  I now have the Six10 tubes I need to start filling the hull blisters I ground out.  I also have about half of the pieces I need to re-do the through-hulls, and a nice Groco step wrench.  I can also begin removing all of the through-hulls excepting the cockpit drains.  I don't want to disable them until I'm ready to immediately replace them as that's the one part of the boat that can really scoop up rain.
Unfortunately I need to send some stuff back.  They sent me black 3m 4200, and I want white.  They also mixed up my 1" through-hulls and sent stainless steel rather than bronze.  No big deal.  Jamestown is very good with customer service and I'm confident they will help get it all sorted out.

The real bad news is that the upcoming weekend is looking like it's going to be really lousy weather, so it may not be conducive to getting these projects done.  It's frustrating not to make big leaps each week, but I can only work with what I've got and be thankful that I have a boat.  I do, and I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment