Saturday, May 8, 2010

!%#$#$! Weather

I tried to get some work done today, but the wind was beyond brutal.  The tarp was getting whipped around like a spinnaker in a hurricane, and everything I needed to do would require me to squeeze between the boat and tarp.  To make it worse, it was raining hard at times, which meant I couldn't remove the tarp.  I don't even want to think about how hard it would have been to get it back on.

What really irked me was the amount of rain that had found its way into the boat since I was last out.  I hand-pumped about 20 gallons of water from the cabin and forward bilges.  Not too bad considering how hard it rained, but more than I like.  I really need to finish up the fiberglass work and seal those decks.  If only I could get a few weekends with cooperative weather.

Tomorrow I plan to regroup and try for a few hours of progress.  It's supposed to be below ideal epoxy working temperatures tomorrow, so my big goals all avoid stirring the magic glue.  I need to get the remaining aluminum fittings off the bow, and finish up fitting the starboard balsa core to the deck.  If I can do that I'll be ready to get it all glued down when the first chance presents itself.

Wish for nice whether - I'm going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment