Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Ships Log... First Entry

What am I doing?  I've asked myself that question many times over the past few years as I grew my sea legs.  Perhaps I should call them fiberglass legs since I spent the majority of that time working on the boat rather than sailing it.

The details of all that refit work are captured on my boat's web site.  But as I started to complete the bigger projects I realized I have two distinct tracks to the information I'd like to share.

The intent of this blog is to provide a venue for my thoughts about sailing.  Not about the specific details of restoring CS27 sailboats, but the experiences of a sailor.  One who reads sailing and maintenance books, internet posts, magazines, and everything I can get my hands on.  One who rebuilt his boat, and gets into a lot of different projects.  One who loves to walk the docks and observe cool ideas to integrate.  And yes, I even get out to sail my boat which generates even more ideas! All that reading, observing, and thinking gives me a lot of things to write about.  So you see, this blog is an essential outlet for me.

All the articles on this site will probably show a bit of a CS27 bias, and certainly the bias of a DIY oriented sailor, but the focus will be on the experience more than the engineering.  If you're still with, please clip your tether to the jack lines as we are about to clear the dock and set sail.

No comments:

Post a Comment